Search This Blog

Provided by SEO company.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Death Penalty

As I promised, here is my rant on the death penalty

I am all for it.
The end







Okay, not really. Yes, I am all for it, but no, I am not some nut-job who thinks we should just go around frying and injecting everyone who takes a piece of candy from the store.

My reasoning for the death penalty is along the lines of debt. For the most part, a criminal pays his "debt" by serving time in prison. A specific set of time goes along with each specific crime. Murder, however, is by itself an unusual crime because what we lose is something that cannot truly be paid back- life. This is why we have the death penalty; it isn't that we kill people to teach them killing is wrong, because that is just silly. We kill people because the punishment must be commensurate with the crime. When you murder, you intentionally end the life of another person; therefore, the debt owed, and punishment due, is another life.

End of rant.
-Jdawg

PS Tomorrow is Free Slurpee Day!!! Head to your nearest 7-11 and get a free 7.11 ounce slurpee!

No comments:

Post a Comment