Search This Blog

Provided by SEO company.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Quite the weekend

Well, my weekend started out rough. Thursday morning, I was getting out of bed to start my morning routine (read: bathroom) and I knocked into my guitar. Guess which one. Yeah, that's right, Devin, my favorite and most expensive guitar. I knocked it off the stand, and it landed flat on the ground. Well, I looked it over quickly, played it, and checked for anything being lose. Nothing seemed wrong, but I felt uneasy about it. I went down to Guitar Attic, and asked Randy. He told me to check along the scarf joint, and then along the end of the neck where it bolts onto the body. Here's what I found:




Needless to say, I'm unhappy. I was told this isn't anything big, but it hurts the re-sale value. 

Saturday, I had to work with the worst employee at Chick-Fil-A. This kid does not do his job; He does everything but. I had to tell him 20 times to get on his register. he is so lazy, but Steve thinks he's the best. I don't get it. Then as I left work, I found out the tube on my bike had blown out, and took out the side of the tire as well. I called my mom for a ride, but she didn't' answer. I started walking. I got to Big Lots, and called my mom again. She didn't answer, so I called my dad, and just as he answered, he was two minutes away from where I was. I was amazed and humbled. Well, I eventually got home, and put in a new tube and tire. THAT tube had a hole in it. I called for a ride to Wal-Mart, and I got a new tube. 

Today was good. Church was great. Class went well. I got to go to Priesthood, which I usually don't get to do because of my calling in Primary. During Elders, Brother Cervany and I were in the very back, and I found out again why I enjoy that man's company so much. He is a professor as Daytona State, very articulate, and very sarcastic. He and I had fun. It reminded me of Statler and Waldorf from the Muppets. (Which, by the way, Grandpa Vic and Uncle Bill remind me of those two.) After church, I tried to fix my tire; I couldn't get the dang tire off. I've changed bike tires 10000 times, and never had this much trouble. I tried for two hours. The problem is that my Fiji, unlike my Trek (and every other bike I've ever owned) has a very narrow and deep rim. I eventually called my dad for a ride to his house for dinner with my parents, my sister Sarah, Her husband mark and their daughter Lydia, my brother Ben and his daughter Capri, and the sister missionaries. Dinner was a blast. After dinner, I got two tire levers from the Livingstons and fixed my bike. 

Now, my weekend is over. Tomorrow at 530am, My new week begins. 

It's be a good one I'm sure. 

2 comments:

  1. Injured instruments hurt my heart. They're like hurt kittens, except more sad because I don't like cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know what you mean. That ringing sound the strings made continues to play over and over in my head.

    ReplyDelete