Search This Blog

Provided by SEO company.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My fingertips hurt.

I finally got the chance to go back to Brother Harris' studio today. I spent most of the day there, and I got two demos made up. The first song is coming along better than I had expected; the only problem with the first song is that my guitar's high "E" didn't wanna stay in tune, so the first melody is flat. I am still considering having a violin play the first melody. That would probably sound nice. The second song we worked on, isn't going so well. First, my guitar was out of tune. Second, I was rushing to get a few sections recorded, and it sounds very sloppy. Third, my guitar's tone sounds like the kind you'd get from a $100 Wal-Mart guitar. EQ adjustments are required. Fourth, Brother Harris' drum beat threw off my timing on the main chord progression, and I couldn't get the strumming pattern right. I played it after I got home, without the drums, and it sounded fine. I also didn't get to re-record "Child's Prayer" and "Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" like I wanted to, since the last versions I did sound very rushed and sloppy, which they are.

I have started on my summer reading lists, and I am about halfway through Hunger Games. I love it, but I can't stand the first-person point-of-view; it makes it much more difficult to follow the dialog, and slightly hard to understand the imagery; however, it's a great story, and it cuts to the chase very quickly, which I love. (Brave New World, on the other hand, didn't; it spent the first 5 chapters just explaining how the world was set up. Very boring. I skipped most of it.) After this, I have Digital Fortress, and Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir on my list. After those, I guess I'll work on the rest of the HG trilogy.

Yesterday was pretty awesome. My Primary Boys were absolutely the most well-behaved I have ever seen them. Ever. And this wasn't a sugar-induced coma, either. I've tried that. It doesn't work that well. After church, Brother Barrett and I had lunch together. We talked about how Nate's mission was going, talked about things from church, he showed me his guns, and I took his bike out for a spin 'round the block. After my cruise, he and I ran through our Home Teaching list. The Alloco's were the only family we ran into. It amazes me still how well they manage. I can't wrap my head around how two blind people can live so independently. And they have such a strong faith in Christ, and they show it in every way possible.

Well, folks, it's entirely too late at night for me to be up.

-Jdawg

No comments:

Post a Comment