Search This Blog

Provided by SEO company.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

...and the beat goes on

I had two interviews today. I feel they both went well.  The first one was with an ADT dealership. I was actually a few minutes late to the first interview, and the guy seemed annoyed. It was a two part interview- the first part was a group interview followed by individual interviews. The individual interview went very well.

The second one has an interesting story. It is a moving company called "Two men and a truck." I interviewed with them about a year ago, was offered a job, accepted it, and then over-slept and missed my first day. Well, I was riding past their location, and I figured I would give them a try. I filled out an application, and as I turned it in, the secretary asked me if I would like to do an interview right there since the manager was already doing interviews. I figured why not, maybe they had a new one- they didn't. Ben was still there; however, he seemed to not remember me at all. The interview went EXACTLY the same as last time, only this time I see myself being in Pre-Med of Med School.

We'll see how it goes. Haven't heard back yet.

Speaking of school, I started my application to BYU-Idaho yesterday. I am declaring my major as Psychology, emphasis in pre-medical and developmental. We'll see how long that lasts- I found out the most commonly accepted major for Med School applications is Physics, and that Physics majors score better on the MCAT than all other majors, including Biology. So, anyhoo, I've started the application. I have to send off for my transcripts from the Volusia County School Board, which should take about a week. I also need to find out what institute classes I've taken. And, I need to get some dough. I'm poor white boy from the Dirty D. Going off the BYU-I website, I should expect about 6-7 thousand in experiences per semester, so I need about 14k total. I can do that. There are a ton of scholarships out there.

Well, that's the news from Lake Woebegone. I'll let y'all know how the jobs news shapes up.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the interviews. Hope that works out for you. Also, happy dance for school! That's exciting! The school offers a lot of scholarships, especially to freshman. I talk about this on my blog all the time, but if you get good grades your first semester and maintain it, you could potentially not pay tuition or full tuition ever. Have you applied for a pell grant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't completed my FASFA yet. I gotta finish my application to BYUI first. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the 200 word limit on the essays. That's barely and introduction.

    I may also do a couple of classes as Daytona State during the fall, just to work off the rust. The last time I sat in a classroom as a student was my English final on May 20th, 2008. It's been a while.

    ReplyDelete