Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Because I don't talk about myself often enough
Stole this from Kate
1. I hate Salad dressings. All of them. I eat my salads dry, or with olive oil.
2. I also hate Mayo, miracle whip, and anything similar.
3. Add sour cream to that mix.
4. I can be a very picky eater, but not as much as my sister Sarah. She still called tomatoes"ickies" even though she is now 24 years old.
5. I am the youngest of 6- 4 boys, 2 girls.
6.I am also tied with my brothers Micheal and Bryan as the Tallest.
7. I am the only sibling in my family who inherited my dad's hair- Thick, wavy, and prematurely graying.
8.I've been finding grey hairs since I was in 8th grade.
9. I am the only member of my family who studied music but never took professional lessons.
10. I am also the only member of my family who still plays.
11. I originality picked up guitar to get girls.
12. I gave up the guitar for a few years in high school.
13. to date, I've owned 7 guitars: A Squire Strat, a Yamaha ES Acoustic, a B.C. Rich Warlock (bronze model), a 1985 model Epiphone Explorer, an ESP-LTD V50, and a Jackson DKM2 Dinky Pro.
14. I've changed the strings I use many times. I went from 8-gauge Ernie Ball, to 9-gauge DR Colored, to 9-gauge EB, then to 9-gauge B-52, to hybrid-9 B-52, to 10-gauge B-52, and now I use 10-gauge Cleartones.
15. I also use string lubricant on my guitars. It helps, a lot.
16. When I was in Elementary School, my favorite band was Backstreet Boys.
17. If someone has known my for a very long time, they usually call me Boomer.
18. I cannot stand most Metal bands out today.
19. I haven't listened to the radio in YEARS
20. When I was younger, my mom would suppress my Southern accent. She would tell me to pronounce the "g" at the end of "something."
21. For the most part, she was successful. I have a very slight accent, which usually only comes out when I'm around someone else who has an accent.
22. I use a lot of Southern vocabulary, though. ("Yonder,'' " Y'all," " Fixin' to," ect.)
23. I love Southern Culture.
24. I love the South in general. I hope I never have to leave.
25. I am capable of speaking articulately, and I can hold my own in intellectual debates/ conversations; however, I don't make a habit of it. In the words of John Folgerty, "It ain't me."
26. I can be a serious grammar nazi at times, but I have forgotten a lot of rules on capitalization. Feel free to correct me when you see mistakes.
27. I hate when people use the improper word, such as there/their/they're. It's/its, and your'/you're will almost always irk me.
28. Interestingly enough, I'm not sure if it's "Your Welcome" or "You're Welcome."
29. I also have when people use commas to separate independent clauses without a coordination conjunction.
30. I am also peeved when people semi colons improperly, as well as when people use a colon incorrectly.
31. I love weather. The more severe, the better. If there is a tornado warning, I'll be the one running outside with a camera shouting "THIS IS AWESOME!!!"
32. I hate when people use metaphors and sayings from the scriptures in everyday speech. (My joy is/was full, my cup runneth over, ect.)
33. I found Mormons can be VERY rude at times. I'm not sure why, but members of the church seem to have no qualms with interrupting two people who are conversing, just to say "great talk." This frustrates me, and it makes me sad.
34. I've also found Mormons can be very ignorant and close-minded about other religions, opinions, and political views.
35. Interestingly enough, "high-ranking" members, and those whom most everybody respects the most, don't fall into the three categories above.
36. I'm already running out of things to say. I might not reach 100.
37. I am considering becoming a Free Mason. (Did you know Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, Gordon B. Hinkley and Thomas S. Monson are free masons?)
38. I have two friends of mine who are high-ranking Free Masons.
39. I love reading.
40. I seriously cannot think of a more attractive quality in a woman than reading. Both girls I've ever loved read all the time.
41. I love baseball and football.
42. I played little league for a few years. I never practiced during the off season, so I never got good.
43. I played on the drumline in 12th grade. My friend said they needed someone who could read music.
44. I had wanted to join in 6th grade, but my mom said I needed to learn a real instrument. When I joined in 12th grade, she didn't find out until I had already done it. Then she was super excited to be a band mom.
45. I love having intelligent, thoughtful debates with my parents. Music, life, politics, anything.
46. I hate Rhetoric.
47. I hate political parties.
48. I'm not a fan of the 1950's "Stepford Wife" housewife. I want a wife who has goals, aspirations, and plans on achieving them.
49. That said, I do want a large family, and I hope to have a typical Mormon household. I'm not quite sure how these ideas will mesh.
50. I want my kids to be home-schooled. Every home-schooled kid I've ever known was FAR more advanced than public and private school kids.
51. I'm going to try and reach 100 facts. Wish me luck.
52. In my entire career in school, 1st grade through 12th, I studied for one test. That' it.
53. It was a spelling test in 2nd grade. I got a 90
54. I got 100s on every other spelling test in 2nd grade, even though I never studied.
55. I also rarely did homework.
56. I learn very quickly.
57. When I was in 5th grade, I was reading at a high school level.
58. When I was in 6th grade, I missed a perfect score on the reading test by one point. that Means I was understanding college-level reading material.
59. I tested out of reading a year later.
60. I am adamantly anti-standardized tests.
61. I graduated high school with a 3.5 GPA. I seriously under-achieved. I really wish I could go back and do it over again.
62. My drivers ed teacher told me I was the best driver he had ever taught. My ego doubled.
63. I have never owned a car.
64. I have only driven stick-shift twice.
65. I am the only person, aside from Vic, to have driven Vic's car.
66. I love cooking
67. I'm not such a fan of cleaning, but I am very good at cleaning.
68. I love the Atlanta Braves.
69. When I was 15, I got to go to Atlanta with my mom and sister to see the Braves live. It was the best day of my teenage years.
70. I want to see the Gators play in Ben Hill- Griffin before I die.
71. I am a fan of the Tampa Bay Bucs, but I can live without seeing them play live.
72. I prefer college ball over pro ball
73. I'm surprised I've made it this far with stuff to say
74. I never made it to Eagle, but I still did scouts and leaned a lot from it.
75. I look like I am a few years older than I actually am, and I have used this to my advantage many times.
76. I hate being clean shaven
77. I look terrible with a full beard, and silly with a mustache.
78. I pull off the goatee very well, though. Even my parents, who hate it, admit I look good with it. (Some people say I look better with it.)
79. My hair is dark brown, but my goatee has a lot of red. (and some grey)
80. I've only lived at two addresses my entire life.
81. I love Southern cuisine.
82. Grits are especially tasty.
83. Cracker Barrel is my favorite restaurant.
84. M&Ms are my favorite candy
85. I can't think of a favorite food.
86. I hope to serve a mission in Germany. I love that language.
87. My school colors were teal and black. Those also happen to be my favorite colors.
88. When I was 6, I wanted to learn to play Violin. My mom said "as soon as we can get you one." It never happened. (I can't blame her, though. Guitar is a lot less painful.)
89. I am very arrogant about music. When people tell me I would like such and such band, I usually say "doubt it."
90. Metallica was once my favorite band. Now, I can only stomach a few of their songs.
91. I'm almost done
92. I'll be 22 in 3 weeks
93. I think D.B. Pickles is the best local restaurant in Daytona Beach
94. I love being in the mountains. It's heaven. It truly is.
95. I think mountain hiking would make for an awesome honeymoon.
96. I love comedy.
97. George Carlin is my all-time favorite comedian. I can't stand most of today's stand-up comics. They suck.
98. MASH, Frasier, and House are my favorite TV shows.
99. I'll admit, I watch Family Guy and King of the Hill. Robot Chicken cracks me up.
100. I MADE IT!